Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Portraits of firemen on back cover.|
|Description:||201 pages ; 22 cm|
|Standard Numbers:||LCCN: 2003266238|
|Class Descriptors:||LC Class No.: HV6432.7; Dewey No.: 974.7/1044|
This book is about Engine 40, Ladder 35, located on the West Side of Manhattan near Lincoln Center. On the morning of September 11, 2001, two rigs carrying thirteen men set out from this firehouse, only one would return. The reader watches the day unfold as the men are called to duty while their families wait for new of them. One comes to understand the culture of the firehouse itself. Why gifted men do this and why in so many instances they are eager to follow in their father's footsteps and serve in so dangerous a profession. And why it is not just a job, but a calling as well.
Retrieving notes about this item
- New York (N.Y.). -- Fire Department.
- World Trade Center (New York, N.Y.)
- September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001.
- Ataques terroristas del 11 de septiembre de 2001.
User lists with this item (5)
- September 11(6 items)
by laurabaas updated 2015-09-10
- Library Display - Fallen Firefighter Memorial Weekend(10 items)
by netclrc updated 2014-10-06
- New Fire Books(21 items)
by freeman_suzanne updated 2013-08-29
- Things I Recommend(369 items)
by freeman_suzanne updated 2013-08-25
- David Halberstam, Literary Award Winner(21 items)
by nashvillepubliclibrary updated 2011-03-15